Tuesday 16 August 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

John M. (currently studying at Cambridge) and I headed back to the UK Sunday evening.  I had a pinched nerve in my neck for the flight home and only managed about 30-45 minutes of sleep on our overnight flight, so I was pretty exhausted when we arrived.  Upon arriving at baggage claim we were both pretty frustrated to see that our luggage wasn't there.  We had to wait in a long line to fill out forms.  As we were standing in line, I realised what a great situation I had found myself in.  I was not looking forward to dragging my luggage through the tube, up and down stairs, etc. (especially with a pinched nerve in my neck) and now I didn't have to!  Winning! 

Once I finally made it to our tube stop, I was thrilled to see Jason waiting to walk me home.  I was so surprised to see him that I ran over to him and he picked me up off the ground and we stood there like that in front of the tube for quite a while.  (The fact that he was able to pick me up after nearly two weeks of inactivity and eating rich foods is a small miracle!)  It was so wonderful to be back in his arms.

When we got home, I couldn't help myself and had to wake up Charlie from her nap.  I just had to hold that sweet baby again!  She was a bit disoriented at first, but was fine once she woke up a bit.  She kept touching my face and I got lots of gorgeous Charlie smiles! 

We haven't gotten any pictures of us together since my return, but this is one we took a few weeks ago.  (Pay no attention to Charlie's awkward pyjama/sleep sack combo.)



Another person I was excited to see upon my arrival home was my mom!  She's been in town helping out with Charlie while I was away.  She and Charlie have such a sepcial bond.  It is so fun to see them together!  

We spent yesterday exploring our neighborhood and are headed into town to see some of the sights today.  When Charlie is in daycare this Thursday, mom booked us for a sight seeing tour of Bath, Stonehenge and Windosor.  I'll be sure to take lots of photos!



Oh, and I also convinced mom to cut her hair.  This was taken before the cut.  She looked cute before but now looks even more adorable and stylin'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...