Wednesday 27 July 2011

Mamarazzi

I have a confession to make:  I have no idea how to use my camera.  It is a Canon Rebel T2i and has all sorts of fancy bells and whistles and I have no idea how to do anything more than point, focus and shoot.  

                                               


Of course I could just read the manual, but that sounds incredibly boring.  Wouldn't it be more fun to read a pretty book?  I've been drooling over this book about photographing kids.  I'm assuming there are some pointers on how to actually use the camera in there as well.



One of the blogs I like to read has a great list of online resources on how to use your camera.  Click here for that link.  She also has a great page of general photographry related information here.  I can't wait to read through all of these tutorials!  And, if all else fails, I could alway read the stupid manual!

5 comments:

  1. Hi I am a canon user....I loooove my canon. I bought a book for my Canon 50D that tells me exactly how to use it and its a good read...it's not boring like an instruction manual. This is the name etc Canon EOS 50D Digital Field Guide [Book] by Charlotte K. Lowrie in Books. see if they do one for your canon. Honestly you wont regret it. I NEVER shoot in automatic mode now :-)
    If you want any help, just ask. Im not a professional at all BUT I love my camera and what it can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'll look into that. I would hate to get all the way through Charlotte's babyhood without learning how to take a decent picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great title!!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book wouldn't be nearly as appealing with a name like, "Taking Pictures of your Kids" or the controversial, "How to Shoot your children". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a kids photography book after Maggie was born (name unremembered) and I've just added Mamarazzi to my queue at the library. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...