Friday 13 January 2012

Jet Lag Baby

this picture taunts me

Charlotte and I have been up until 4am for the past two nights (as I type this, it is 11pm on the third night).  4am is 8pm on the west coast of the US which was when we were putting her down to bed on our trip.  She's taking short naps so she should be super tired at night.  Nope. 

Jason read that babies need a day of recovery for each hour of time difference.  We were a whopping eight hours earlier.  I don't think I'll ever sleep again. 

Jason and I have both been taking nighttime duties, but as I don't have to check in at an office in the mornings, the bulk of nighttime duty has gone to me.  We play with toys, read books, watch infomercials and try over and over again to do relaxing, sleep inducing activities such as drinking warm milk and singing quiet songs.  She won't all for it. 

So, in the meantime, we're counting down the days for things to get better.  And they will get better . . . eventually . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...