Monday 16 January 2012

Felt Board

Though I wrote this post back in January, I've been looking forward to linking it up with the Pinterest Challenge going on over at my favourite blog Young House Love.  This project wasn't inspired by one particular Pinterest image, but the inspiration definitely came from scoping out lots of felt projects over there!    Feel free to post questions and I'll get right back to you!  And please follow me on Pinterest (link is on the upper right of your screen.)!



We are all still recovering from our jet lag, but in the meantime, life goes on here at Milton's Manor!  I am catching up on emails and assorted tasks around the house, we have secured a new flat (more on that soon) and I finally finished Emily Bemily's Christmas gift!  I made her a set of felt dolls and a few shapes as well.

The dolls look like her little family (Rob is particularly dead on) and they each have a few outfit changes and some accessories.  I'll admit that the Mary doll looks very little like Mary, but I did give her a bottle of beer soda, so that makes things a little more realistic.


Rob

Mary

Emily

Then I wrapped it all up in itself and tied it with a yarn bow:


The dolls and accessories are made from 100% wool felt and the large piece of blue felt is synthetic (give me a break, wool felt isn't cheap!).  The whole thing was really easy to make.  If I had had more time (and some craft glue) I would have added more details to their little outfits, but I'm still very happy with how it turned out.  In fact, I'm so happy with it, I want to make one for Charlotte now, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...