Monday 19 March 2012

Skyping with Charlie

Yesterday morning I tore myself away from the pool to have a Skype date with my Two Favourites.  Charlie had recently gotten up from a nap and was in a happy, fun mood.  I was able to read her a few books (which she loved!) and then I just generally watched her play while I chatted with Jason.  

Perhaps it's because her godmoms are the most literary people we know or perhaps it is because her Papi was an English major, but this kid is into books.  Seriously folks, she's obsessed.  And as if to prove what a hardcore bookworm she is, she'll even read books upside-down as seen in the following screenshots from our recent Skype convo:





She kept pointing to the bees in this book and Jason and I would make buzzing sounds for her.  The closest she got to imitating it was blowing sloppy, wet raspberries.


It was pretty dang cute!


And it was so great to chat with them.  They're doing really well without me, but we're all looking forward to being back together again.  We have finished our concerts (read a review here!) and we have a day off today before our recording tomorrow.  On Wednesday I take the redeye back to London and will be reunited with my handsome husby and sweet babe that afternoon.  I CAN'T WAIT!!  

But for today, I'll sit by the pool, hit the gym and perhaps hit the mall.  I'd rather be reading books to Charlie, but it certainly isn't a bad trade off.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I - proud parents of two brainy teenagers - always said, "You can have too many toys, but you can't have too many books." Our kids' favorite toys were their books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...