Thursday 1 November 2012

Halloween 2012!

First and foremost, check out this little monkey:




Okay, now that that's taken care of, let me tell you about our Toddler Halloween Extravaganza!  My friend Mary called me while I was in Miami and said, "You're not going to have time to play your Halloween party.  Let me do it."  I couldn't say no!  We had a powwow on the phone about the overall plan and then she set to work buying Halloween themed plates, cups, napkins and even pull piñata (where you pull strings to open it instead of bashing the living daylights out of it).  She also made this adorable spider fishing game with magnets!  

(As you can see below, Mary is pregnant with twins!  YOWZA!)




And here is a shot of the piñata chaos:


The other big activity was pizza time!  Mary and I found some adorable mummy pizzas on Pinterest that we recreated:

photo from my Instagram feed

They were even cute once we cooked them!  We served them with ghost bananas and scary apple/peanut butter/raisin mouths.  


a terrible shot, but you get the idea

We decided that the easiest way to serve five toddlers at once would be to just have them all sit on the kitchen floor.  It worked really well!


Notice how the juice boxes were wrapped in paper pumpkin faces?  Mary's a super mom, I'm tellin' ya.  



We had a great time and things were much improved from our makeshift Halloween last year (where we put Charlotte in her fluffy white lamb coat and called it a day).  We were all sad that Jason couldn't join us, but he had fun looking at pictures when we got home.  We also got quite a few trick-or-treaters!  (Although, I had to put up signs to get them to come to our house!  Haha!)

1 comment:

  1. What brave mommies you are! And the kitchen floor is apparently THE place to be--love the photo of them all munching on their paper plates.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...