Sunday 12 August 2012

Taking Good Care

So here we are, a week into Jason being away.  Every now and then Charlotte will look at me and say, "Papi.  Sad."  Then she makes a sad face and fake cries.  It breaks my heart every time!  Charlie and I both miss him like crazy, but we're managing without him.  In fact, we're having a great time together!  (But I can't seem to get my act together enough to get out the nice camera, so sorry for all the iPhone pics!).

Urban Beach Day at a church down the road:


New art supplies!:


Pinterest inspired cardboard house:



We've also gotten out and about quite a bit.  It has been beautiful here!!  Here's a pic of a path in our park under gorgeous blue skies:



Watermelon with a friend on a hot day:


And at our pub with Emily and matching Peppas:



I've also been cooking (wipe that shocked expression off your faces).  Jason is the usual chef around Chez Hungerford, but in his absence I've been able to hold my own, thank you very much!  Given that meat freaks me out (especially when I have to handle it raw.  BLECH!) I've stuck to simple vegetarian meals such as salmon and some delicious quinoa and bulgar wheat fritters.  Mmm!






We've been taking good care of each other while Jason's gone.  We both take our vitamins every night and Charlie has gotten really good at letting me brush her teeth (also usually Papi's job . . . ).  We've been arriving to Charlie's school on time in the morning (a minor miracle) and I even let Charlie bring her own bag to her hook, just like Papi does:



Still, the best part of our days are when we get to chat with Jason in China.  Charlie likes to carry around my iPhone and hug it and kiss it when we FaceTime with him.  It is so sweet.


Come home soon!


3 comments:

  1. This warms my heart! What a great mum you are. Can't wait to be home with you in a couple of days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun Bethie. I'd love your quinoa and bulgur fritter recipe if you'd be willing to share! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adapted the recipe from here: http://www.two-tarts.com/2012/03/spring-herb-quinoa-patties.html

    You can really put just about anything that sounds yummy in them! I used green onions, parmesan cheese and also added some bulgar wheat. They were amazingly good right off the skillet and also delicious cold the next day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...